Caring for your loved one living with a form of dementia in the home setting can create challenges those on the outside can only imagine. Without a strong support system and hands-on skills, this very difficult job can easily leave caregivers feel stressed, overwhelmed, and isolated.
Would you like to know how to build a care environment that best balances your loved one's needs with your own well-being and abilities?
After watching this program you will know
- Practical tips and ideas to problem solve existing challenging situations for a more joyous caregiving relationship
- How to prepare visitors and family members for more meaningful visits
- The value and difficulty when using multiple medications
- How to create calming surroundings to reduce the risk of sundowning and other distressing behaviors
- How to apply Teepa's "Six Pieces to the Puzzle™" and "GEMS™" methods to discover your loved one's retained skills and interests, thereby creating a positive and more fulfilling care environment for the both of you