Weighted Sensory Blanket for Anxiety - Dementia
Use GRAVITY to help calm!
Weighted Blankets are an effective and drug-free aid in helping to calm the mind and relax those living with Alzheimer's, Autism (ASD), Anxiety Disorders (ADD / ADHD / PTSD), Tourette's syndrome (GTS), Restless Leg Syndrome, Menopause and more. By covering the body for sleep, wrapping shoulders while sitting or by laying the blanket across laps or legs, weighted blankets apply comforting pressure where it's most beneficial.
- Elderly with dementia - weighted blankets help calm those with Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s Disease
- Sensory Disorders & Sleep Disorders - weighted therapy can help increase Serotonin and Melatonin levels overnight
- Insomnia - pressure increases Serotonin which then converts to Melatonin - a hormone that induces sleep
- ADD/ADHD Spectrum Disorder - those with ADHD use weighted blankets to calm down after school, during therapy sessions or to relax and fall asleep
- Asperger’s and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) - weighted blankets help calm after school, during therapy sessions or to relax and fall asleep
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) - fidgeting legs due to RLS, chemotherapy treatments or Menopause
- Anxious Feelings + Panic symptoms - Stress, tension, cancer, Dental Anxiety, Perimenopause and Menopause symptoms
- Sensory Integration Disorders/Sensory Processing Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD) - weighted blankets can help with sleep, nightmares and panic anxiety
Weighted Blankets for Alzheimer's, dementia and brain related conditions
Most common in people over 65 years old, dementia can cause mood swings, confusion and stress. Caregivers can use weight therapy to help the person feel comfortable and secure while sleeping, sitting or in periods of confusion or stress.
Giving a patient or loved-one a weighted blanket provides comfort through the naturally pleasant feeling of being held. Many have described the added weight of our blanket as the feeling of a hug. Being able to give your loved one a “hug,” even if you aren’t there physically, will help relax and calm during housing transitions, medical checkups or before sleep.
As dementia progresses, insomnia can often become an issue. Sleeping for one or two hours during the night, then awakening only to wander is a common experience. Medications can also cause sleep disturbances for the ill.
The sleep-inducing qualities of a weighted blanket is enough to give deep pressure touch stimulation without being too heavy to remove on their own. Our blankets may assist with a full night’s rest for the individual and peace of mind for caregivers and family members alike. Weighted products may not be the best choice for the frail or for those who cannot lift more than 5lbs.
The popularity of weighted blankets has flooded the market with inferior quality and mass produced knock-offs. MindCare's Premium Cotton Weighted Blankets were designed not only to aid those living with anxiety - but to be a beautiful and comforting aid that coordinates with the home, is special to the user and will last for years. Our Premium Cotton Weighted Blankets are made by hand(s), made to order and are constructed of durable and pajama-soft cotton fabrics. Even though our blankets can keep you warm, they are smaller and meant to be used on different parts of the body. Lay them on your chest, hips, legs or back. Control your temperature by keeping arms or legs exposed - or combine with your favorite throw for warmth!
Our super-soft, 100% cotton-fabric blankets are a unique combination that can provide relief, comfort and can help supplement sensory disorder therapy treatments.
"Data obtained on effectiveness reveal 33% demonstrated lowering in EDA when using the weighted blanket, 63% reported lower anxiety after use, and 78% preferred the weighted blanket as a calming modality." -Exploring the Safety and Therapeutic Effects of Deep Pressure Stimulation Using a Weighted Blanket by Brian Mullen BS , Tina Champagne MEd, OTR/L , Sundar Krishnamurty PhD , Debra Dickson APRN, BC & Robert X. Gao PhD