Premium Cotton Sensory Weighted Wrap
Use GRAVITY to help calm!
Weighted Blankets & Wraps are an effective and drug-free aid in helping to calm the mind and relax those living with Alzheimer's, Anxiety Disorders (ADD / ADHD / PTSD), Autism (ASD), Tourette's syndrome (GTS), Restless Leg Syndrome, Menopause and for those who benefit from compression or weighted therapy. By covering the body for sleep, wrapping shoulders while sitting or by folding the wraps across laps or legs, weighted therapy products apply comforting pressure where it's most beneficial. Our super-soft, 100% cotton-fabric weighted wraps are a unique product that can provide relief, comfort and can help supplement sensory disorder therapy treatments. Weighted wraps are ideal for the following conditions:
- Elderly with dementia - our lighter weight wraps help calm those with Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s Disease
- Sensory Disorders & Sleep Disorders - weighted therapy can help increase Serotonin and Melatonin levels overnight
- Insomnia - pressure increases Serotonin which then converts to Melatonin - a hormone that induces sleep
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD) - weighted wraps can help with sleep, nightmares and panic anxiety
- ADD/ADHD Spectrum Disorder - those with ADHD use weighted wraps to calm down after school, during therapy sessions or to relax and fall asleep
- Asperger’s and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) - weighted wraps help calm after school, during therapy sessions or to relax and fall asleep
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) - fidgeting legs due to RLS, chemotherapy treatments or Menopause
- Anxious Feelings + Panic symptoms - Stress, tension, cancer, Dental Anxiety, Peri-menopause and Menopause symptoms
- Sensory Integration Disorders/Sensory Processing Disorders
MindCare's Exclusive 100% Cotton Weighted Wraps | 5 lbs. 10" x 40"
The popularity of weighted sensory products have flooded the market with inferior quality and mass produced knock-offs. MindCare's Premium Cotton Weighted Wraps were designed not only to aid those living with anxiety - but to be a beautiful and comforting aid that coordinates with the home, is special to the user and will last for years. The long rectangular shape allows the weighted wrap to hug the shoulders and targeted body part - fold multiple times to concentrate the desired weight. Our Premium Cotton Weighted products are made by hand(s), made to order and are constructed of durable and pajama-soft cotton fabrics. Even though our weighted wraps can keep you warm, they are smaller than a weighted blanket and meant to be used on the shoulders / chest / lap or legs. Enjoy the benefits of weighted sensory therapy year round - or combine with your favorite throw for warmth!
Weighted Wraps for Alzheimer's, dementia and brain related conditions
Most common in people over 65 years old, dementia can cause mood swings, confusion and stress. Caregivers can use weight therapy to help their loved one feel comfortable and secure while sleeping, sitting or in periods of confusion or stress.
Giving someone with Alzheimer's a weighted wrap provides comfort through the naturally pleasant feeling of being held or touched. Many have described the added weight of our wraps as the feeling of a hug. Being able to give your loved one a “hug,” even if you aren’t there physically, will help relax and calm during housing transitions, medical checkups or before sleep.
The calm-inducing qualities of weighted wraps and body pads is enough to give deep pressure touch stimulation without being too heavy to remove on their own.
"Data obtained on effectiveness reveal 33% demonstrated lowering in EDA when using the weighted blanket, 63% reported lower anxiety after use, and 78% preferred the weighted blanket as a calming modality."-Exploring the Safety and Therapeutic Effects of Deep Pressure Stimulation Using a Weighted Blanket by Brian Mullen BS , Tina Champagne MEd, OTR/L , Sundar Krishnamurty PhD , Debra Dickson APRN, BC & Robert X. Gao PhD