Radio + MP3 Music Player for Seniors & those w/ Dementia by SMPL
SiMPL touchPLAYER - Radio & Music - Red
Pre-loaded with 75 American Classics songs from 20’th century -or- add your own MP3 music files!
Playing music to people with dementia from their formative years vastly improves their cognizance and lucidity - the effects are dramatic, and are widely recognized by Dementia and Alzheimer's professionals.
The SMPL One-Touch Radio & Music Player allows seniors, even with significant cognitive decline from Dementia or Alzheimer’s, to listen to music they loved in their youth. This also helps promote independent living, allowing seniors to stay in their homes longer. End result: by engaging minds, our Simple Music Player plus AM/FM Radio makes a significant contribution to seniors’ quality of life.
Product testing has shown our Music Player that is specifically designed for seniors and for those with Dementia or Alzheimer's is simple to use - on the first try. Pressing the extra large button to Start/Stop the music is all they have to do. Pre-loaded with 75 American Classics from the last century, our MP3 format player can also handle up to 1,000 of their favorite songs or audio books that you can upload to the provided 8GB USB Memory Stick. Large buttons are easy to use for those with Arthritis and red is the preferred color for those with visual impairments. Problems…Solved.
The ’Simple Music Player w/ One Button Radio’ has been designed to be as easy as possible to operate for both the caregiver and for the recipient. The Music Player is ready to play right out of the box, but setting up the player w/ your own music can be undertaken by friends, family or carers, as a one time process.
The styling of our retro inspired music player and radio is also reminiscent of old radios and is instantly recognizable as something which plays music.
To operate, there are only three user controls; Radio/Music Switch, On/Off Button and Back/Next Buttons!
- Extremely simple to operate - simply press the large button to play music
- The music player saves your position so the next song or same radio station will play even when turned ON/OFF
- Retro, old fashion look is easy to recognize by seniors as something that plays music
- Plays right out of the box & pre-loaded with 75 American Classics song hits form 20’th century from the 40’s & 50’s
- Music Therapy engages minds, improve awareness and clarity of expression and promotes independent living
- Hidden AM/FM radio and volume controls help to prevent accidental changes
- Store up to 10 radio stations in memory
- Highly durable and made of a strong wooden enclosure
- Family members/caregivers can upload additional favorite songs - Just add MP3 Music to the provided USB Stick
- Excellent MP3 sound quality
- Portable option – 6 x C size batteries (not included)
- Download up to 1,000 of your own songs, recordings or audio books
The volume and radio tuning controls are designed to avoid being accidentally changed by the user and are concealed behind an easy-to-remove, but hidden panel. This helps to prevent the music from being far too loud and disturbing or frustrating by the end user and others around them. Simply adjust the settings and let your loved-one use the two simple controls on the top to enjoy hours of music!
Don't forget to include a pair of headphones in a favorite color... easy for seniors to use with their music players when privacy or sound levels must be kept quiet!